In 2021, the SDG Lab continued to adapt to the context of the global pandemic, using innovative meeting and exchange formats to work with SDG actors and other partners across SDG sectors. Last year also saw the Lab expand its outreach and media presence on topics such as post-COVID recovery and sustainable finance, among others.
The below slideshow captures a selection of activities over the past year— highlights of some of the Lab’s keymoments and achievements in 2021.
Click on the pictures for more information.
SDG Lab in the News:
Building Bridges 2021
- An opinion piece by SDG Lab Director Nadia Isler and Sustainable Finance Geneva Director Sandrine Salerno was published in Geneva Solutions (English) and l’Agefi (French) ahead of Building Bridges.
- UN Geneva Director-General Valovaya spoke to the importance of Building Bridges in a special newsletter (French) of the Canton of Geneva interparliamentary group on International Geneva.
- “Capsules”: As part of the SDG Lab’s contribution to Building Bridges, key Summit speakers were filmed for short social “capsules”, capturing nine invitees, including the UN Deputy Secretary-General and Ambassador Christian Frutiger of the Swiss Agency for Development Corporation (SDC), among others.
- Geneva Solutions’ article on SDG Lab warm-up to the industry-wide Building Bridges Week, where Geneva's SDG and finance communities put the social dimension at the centre of sustainable finance.
- Geneva Solutions partnered with the Ground_Up Project to publish a three-part commentary series on the SDGs, finance and investment.
COVID-19 Recovery and SDGs
- A SDG Lab commentary on 2030 Agenda in a post-COVID period was published on the website of IISD.
- The Geneva Observer featured an article on “How COVID is Making the World More SDG-Conscious, But Less Prepared », with an interview of SDG Lab team member Edward Mishaud.